Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Soup and more of the Undisturbed....

Today the sea is grey and misty and there is a light rain falling. Although not cold, this is not a beach day, so I decided to make a vegetable soup and veg :)
I love a random vegetable soup, made of any mix of vegetables you may have on hand. I used red onions, beans, sweetcorn, baby marrows, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, carrots, soya mince, red and yellow quinoa and some vegetable stock...easy peasy and took only 30minutes to cook up. I like to add the non GM soya (which you can get at health stores) and the quinoa, because as a vegetarian, it's an easy way to add some protein.


I made a huge pot and took some to Debbie, since we are sharing the same misty weather....hope you enjoy Debs :)

I did some laundry earlier today, and walked outside to hang up on the clothesline...(we have a sheltered area, so we can hang laundry even if it rains)...I narrowly avoided walking into a huge spider's web...hanging onto it I found this critter, which although very alien looking, I have discovered may be an Spiny Orb Weaver spider...supposedly not dangerous for humans! Actually there are two of these undisturbed residents, and as much as I admire how strange and pretty they are, if they do not move of their own accord by tomorrow, I am conscripting the DH to relocate them to the bush...sorry but I only play nice with bipeds and quadrupeds :l (ok...also some hexapeds...)

I am going to have an afternoon nap now, in the perfect weather for it...warm and cozy in my duvet!

I have to say that I am so taken by this Sherman heel! I will definitely do a tutorial on it in the future

Happy Friday to all :)
♥Heidi

8 comments:

Mereknits said...

The picture of the spiders and their webs are beautiful. Natures weaving is a thing of beauty. Glad you are having fun.
Meredith

Unknown said...

Wow Heidi you're certainly doing well on the wildlife front on your holiday!! My problem is usually snakes but they seem abnormally absent this year .... probably all under my house!!! I could do with some of your soup here today. Am sitting in my bookshop and it's misty and drizzly rain outside. Typical KZN weather! x

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

The design on your creepy friend's back looks like a happy face... doesn't make him any less creepy but at least I can giggle while I shiver... lol.

Heidi said...

You know Laura, I remember having snakes galore when I was a kid, lurking in our garden and occasionally making their unwelcome way into the house, necessitating a frantic call to the snake park...they were mostly Rinkhals...very unpleasanr, so perhaps it's a good thing they are in absentia...as for the creepy alien spider (notice how loads of fairly creepy things start with the letter "S"...snakes, spiders, scabies,scorpions....), I kinda wondered about the happy face...certainly a moth may be fooled, but then other insects don't have faces like humans, so ??? what's that all about? That being said, I can really appreciate the marvel of the creepy spider as a thing of beauty and uniqueness...thankfully they belong in nature...exactly where I will keep them !!!
Have a wonderful Christmas eve tomorrow!
xxxHeidi

Val said...

Gorgeous photos..I'm all behind in reading and writing blog posts but can I just wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and you family!

Susan said...

Love to read your blog. Hope you and the family have a wonderful blessed Christmas. Will contact you after the New Year. You do need some family/holiday time. Take care and hugs.

Susan said...

Love reading your blog. Hope you and the family have a wonderful blessed Christmas. Will contact you after New Year. Take care and hugs.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I love the beach and the ocean. I better, because I live so close to it ;) :) I havent been outside yet, so I don't know what the weather is like. For me, the ocean is beautiful any time :) :)

Eeek..I'd scream at the sight of that spider. I would have removed it right away :)

I can't wait for the knitting tutorial on the Sherman heel :) :) Happy CHRISTmas to you and your family. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)